From the kitchen of the Capitol Area Winnies of Pennsylvania
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 8 servings.