From the kitchen of the Capitol Area Winnies of Pennsylvania
Layered Strawberry Salad
- 4 C tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 pkg (8 oz) shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 C tightly packed torn Boston lettuce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 2 C fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ C walnut halves, toasted
- ½ C bottled creamy poppyseed dressing
- Place half the spinach on serving plate; top with half each of the next 4 ingredients.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Drizzle with dressing just before serving.