From the kitchen of the Oregon Trail Winnies & Itascas
- · 4 C frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- · 1 lb.bulk pork sausage, cooked & drained
- · ½ lb. bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
- · 1 med. green pepper, chopped
- · 1 green onion, chopped
- · 2 C (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- · 4 eggs
- · 3 C 2% milk
- · 1 C reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- · ½ t salt
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sausage, bacon, green pepper and green onion; stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.