From the kitchen of the Fraser Valley Explorers of British Columbia
- 2 T Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 5 oz. Spinach
- 1 C Artichoke Hearts
- 3 C of Milk
- 2 C Macaroni
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 C Cheddar
- 2 C Mozzarella
- Melt butter in oven ready pan.
- Add garlic and sauté.
- Add spinach and cook until soft and then add artichokes.
- Stir. Pour milk over a little at a time stirring it in.
- Pour in the macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally until soft about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar and about 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 450*F (230*C) for 7 minutes.
Note: This recipe can be adapted for “on the road” cooking with no oven use. Instead of baking for the last 7 minutes to melt and brown the cheese - just cover the pan with a lid - the warmth will melt it wonderfully but there will be no browning! Easy clean up too as there’s no baked on cheese!