From the kitchen of Ann Caywood, W154541, of Texas
- 1/2 t salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta
- 1 C balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1 T sugar
- 2 C halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 C pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- Grated parmesan, for topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette, mayonnaise and sugar.
- Drain pasta and transfer to large serving bowl and let cool.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, green pepper, salt, to taste and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and toss lightly.
Ann suggests doubling the vegetables and add carrots and celery as an option. Fresh basil for garnish is a nice touch. You can also substitute store-bought Caesar dressing (less mayo and add lemon juice). This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.