From the kitchen of Arlene Grimm, W162054 of the Du-Bol Winnies of Florida
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni – see package directions
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick ) of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Two 10-ounce bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
- Dash of paprika
- In a large 4-quart slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray, mix the cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, milk, butter, salt, pepper, eggs and all but 1/2 cup of the grated cheese.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Turn off the slow cooker, stir the mixture and serve hot.
Cook's Note: If you don't have a slow cooker, grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch pan with butter, add the mixture and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.